pkg issue after FreeBSD 11 upgrade

Cassiano Peixoto peixotocassiano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:05:51 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I ran into an issue after FreeBSD 11 upgrade. I have some meta ports that
starts services like slapd.

Its has been working fine on 10-STABLE. But after FreeBSD
11-STABLE r321625M upgrade it stopped working.

Here is a simple example of my pkg-install.in script:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd stop
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd start

I can see its executing while upgrading a package:

Stopping slapd.
Waiting for PIDS: 13875.
Starting slapd.

But looking if the process is running, it's not:

# ps ax | grep slapd
14164  0  S+     0:00.00 grep slapd

Then I manually run the rc.d script and the service starts:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd restart
slapd not running? (check /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid).
Starting slapd.

So my question is: something has changed on FreeBSD 11 not allowing this
kind of execution?

BTW, I'm using pkg 1.10.1 and my ports collection is as same as I was using
on FreeBSD 10.

Thanks.