Incomplete origin in pkg db after: make -C /usr/ports/any/origin/

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Wed Aug 9 19:10:17 UTC 2017

"make -C /usr/ports/any/origin/ install clean" registers an incomplete
origin ("any/" instead of "any/origin") in the package database for most
ports or fails completely for ports-mgmt/pkg (on 11.1-RELEASE/amd64).

"make -C /usr/ports/any/origin install clean" works fine.

I am not sure, if the trailing slash is allowed in general, but it used
to work for many years until a few weeks ago and I have several scripts
that depends on that behavior. Maybe it was the upgrade from 11.0 to
11.1. Otherwise something in the ports tree or in pkg changed around the
same time.

Here are some examples:

# make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/ install clean
make[1]: don't know how to make /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg//work. Stop
# make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg install clean
... [everything works fine]
# make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/dialog4ports/ install clean
# pkg query '%n %o'
dialog4ports ports-mgmt/
pkg ports-mgmt/pkg
# pkg delete dialog4ports
# make -C /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/dialog4ports install clean
# pkg query '%n %o'
dialog4ports ports-mgmt/dialog4ports
pkg ports-mgmt/pkg

Is it a bug or is the syntax for the directory with the trailing slash
wrong?

Any idea if it is in make, in pkg, or in the ports tree?

Thanks,
Jan Henrik