net/openmpi fails to compile with default settings

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Fri Apr 14 11:26:22 UTC 2017

>I don't know which ports default to MPICH. For me failed openmpi blocks
>141 ports:
>
>[00:05:53] ====>> [01][00:04:13] Finished build of net/openmpi: Failed:
>build
>[00:05:55] ====>> [01][00:04:15] Skipping build of graphics/ImageMagick:
>Dependent port net/openmpi failed

This is strange. It shouldn't depend on openmpi:

$ pkg info -xd ImageMagick|grep mpi
$ pkg info -xr openmpi
openmpi-1.10.6_1:
openmpi2-2.0.2_4:
$

I have 723 packages installed,
including lots of ports from your list,
e.g. firefox, chromium, ImageMagick.
None require openmpi.
In fact the only reason I built openmpi is
to check the MPI performance against MPICH.

I mostly use pkg, with occasional use of the ports tree
directly, when I need non-default options.
Perhaps there is something different in poudriere.

I think you need somebody more experienced to advise.

Anton