www/firefox, UPDATING, and "This platform lacks a functioning sem_open implementation..."

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Apr 13 12:09:30 UTC 2017

In case it helps someone else, I had encountered the symptoms cited in
UPDATING entry 20170411, but the UPDATING entry didn't exist at the
time.

So I poked around, and discovered that -- in my case -- the thing that
was apparently causing the problem was that lang/python27 had been built
with "SEM=off".

So I re-built lang/python27 after enabling its SEM option; that
done, www/firefox built without further incident.

(Checking the svn log for lang/python27/Makefile, it seems that SEM
had been changed to "default on" in r361735, 2014-07-14 00:20:40
-0700.  I had no known reason to change the setting at that time....)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Who would have thought that a "hotelier" would be so ... unwelcoming?  Sad.