LibreSSL + Heimdal Problem

Rafael Henrique da Silva Faria rafaelhfaria at fclar.unesp.br
Thu Apr 13 11:43:05 UTC 2017

Hi everyone, I'm trying to compile Heimdal with LibreSSL on a server, but there is a odd problem.

Actually, I'm updating a working server, updated the LibreSSL version, and tried to recompile all dependent ports with "portmaster -fr libressl", but it stops on Heimdal.

The make stops on this linking:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcrypto.so.38, needed by /usr/local/lib/heimdal/libhcrypto.so.4, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

But when the make checks the depends, it looks for an other lib:
===>   heimdal-7.1.0_2 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.41 - found

root at cenpe heimdal # pkg which /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.41
/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.41 was installed by package libressl-2.5.3
root at cenpe heimdal # pkg which /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.38
/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.38 was not found in the database
root at cenpe heimdal # pkg info | grep heimdal
heimdal-7.1.0_2                Popular BSD-licensed implementation of Kerberos 5
root at cenpe heimdal # /usr/local/bin/openssl version
LibreSSL 2.5.3

There is anything that I need to do to change the lib that Heimdal is looking for? I already have tried to recompile all ports (portmaster -fa), but it always stops on Heimdal.

I don't know if the problem is with Heimdal or LibreSSL, because I can't recompile OpenSSH-Portable on this machine too.
It stops on configure:

checking OpenSSL header version... not found
configure: error: OpenSSL version header not found.

All started after updating LibreSSL to the latest version.

root at cenpe openssh-portable # freebsd-version -ku
11.0-RELEASE-p8
11.0-RELEASE-p8
root at cenpe openssh-portable # uname -a
FreeBSD cenpe.fclar.unesp.br 11.0-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p2 #0: Mon Oct 24 06:55:27 UTC 2016     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Please, let me know if I need to give some more information.

Thanks in advance.

--
Rafael Henrique da Silva Faria
Grupo de Sistemas e Redes

Diretoria Técnica de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Letras - Campus de Araraquara
UNESP - Universidade Estadual Paulista "JÚLIO DE MESQUITA FILHO"