graphics/vigra fails to stage/install numpy extensions

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:38:05 UTC 2017

After the recent version bump, I was unable ot update graphics/vigra. I had
NUMPY selected in my config,but  it appears that this is being ignored.

The error messages make me suspect that the issue is the new gcc version.
It references the rather old /lib/libgcc_s..so.1. Not sure this should even
still be around in 11-STABLE, but it looks like it is still being built.
Perhaps it needs to be updated?

ImportError: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version GCC_4.6.0 required by
/usr/local/lib/gcc5/libgfortran.so.3 not found
-- Could NOT find Python numpy ('import numpy.distutils.misc_util' failed)
-- Searching for Python nosetests: ok
-- Searching for sphinx documentation generator: ok
-- Could NOT find VIGRANUMPY_DEPENDENCIES (missing:
PYTHON_NUMPY_INCLUDE_DIR)

I have no idea why I enabled NUMPY or, perhaps, it was once default and
that was changed. I only use it for libreoffice. I have now reinstalled
vigra with NUMPY disabled.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com