[CFT] pkg-plist generator

Dominic Fandrey kami at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 1 17:00:27 UTC 2017

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 20:33:46 +0800
Ben Woods <woodsb02 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 March 2017 at 01:14, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze at bsdforen.de> wrote:
>
> > Since February I have been working on a pkg-plist generator that
> > understands and handles options. I believe it is now ready for public
> > testing as a part of my bsda2 script collection:
> >

> I had a similar idea for adding this functionality to the poudriere
> testport command, which I mentioned here:
> https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/303

This is actually a big deal, because you have to obey a lot of rules
like OPTIONS_SINGLE, OPTIONS_MULTI ${opt}_IMPLIES, ${opt}_PREVENTS etc.

The script itself is about 1.3 kLOC long, if you count the shared code
it goes up to 3.6 kLOC.

    lines   words  chars
    1299    4827   34535 src/makeplist.sh
    1206    4378   29901 src/bsda_obj.sh
     473    1517   10010 src/bsda_container.sh
     154     600    3969 src/pkg_info.sh
     312    1088    6984 src/bsda_opts.sh
      85     265    1442 src/bsda_util.sh
      82     313    1889 src/bsda_bsdmake.sh
    3611   12988   88730 total

It's not huge, but it's not exactly small either.

> I never got around to implementing anything though... it staid just an
> idea. Looking forward to trying yours.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!