Pkg doesn't care about conflict

scratch65535 at att.net scratch65535 at att.net
Mon Sep 26 19:46:00 UTC 2016

I have the PHP 7.0 package installed under 10.2.  Wanting to
install the pecl-imagick port, I called pkg search, which
returned a ref.  I only caught the fact that it was going to
install PHP 5.6 despite my having 7.0 installed  when it started
downloading 5.6.

Given that PHP is one of the pillars of a FAMP setup, I'd think
that pkg should be aware of conflicts like that and return a
notice ("No version for PHP 7.0.  Install PHP 5.6?") rather than
blythely assume it'd be okay to install an older version of PHP
(or Apache, or MariaDB/MySQL, mutatis mutandis) despite an
already-installed later version.