Cannot build lang/phantomjs

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Wed Sep 21 21:21:38 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-21 15:26, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016, at 12:52, Naram Qashat wrote:
>> I can't seem to get the phantomjs port to build for me under FreeBSD
>> 10.3. I have lang/gcc installed (so I have gcc48 and g++48) and clang
>> is
>> the base compiler. It seems that it is trying to use g++48, but there
>> is
>> no freebsd-g++48 mkspec and it fails to even start building.
>>
>> I've even tried to set CC and CXX manually but that doesn't help
>> because
>> of the mkspec issue. It seems to always try using gcc48 and g++48
>> regardless of what CC and CXX are set to.
>>

> Do you have more details about how you're trying to build it? It builds
> with clang, not gcc. It should not be attempting to use gcc at all.

I'm building using portupgrade, but the problem happens even if I build
directly with make from /usr/ports/lang/phantomjs too. I use portconf,
but even with all the options commented out in there, it still doesn't
build.

> Here is the cluster build log for 10.1 amd64 (10.1 is build target for
> all packages used for 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3)
>
> http://beefy2.nyi.freebsd.org/data/101amd64-quarterly/422328/logs/phantomjs-2.0.0_4.log

Looking at that build log, I see a difference when it checks for g++ and
g++48. On my system, since I have g++ and g++48 from lang/gcc, it sets
PLATFORM to freebsd-g++ when it finds g++ and then to freebsd-g++48 when
it finds g++48, so XPLATFORM gets set to freebsd-g++48 instead of
freebsd-clang. I assume that uninstalling lang/gcc would make it build,
but this seems more like a problem with how phantomjs is checking for
compilers (and then not having the required mkspec).