Firefox 49.0_5,1 crash on startup

Otacílio de Araújo Ramos Neto otacilio.neto at bsd.com.br
Wed Sep 21 09:41:17 UTC 2016

Em qua, 21 de set de 2016 05:16, João Neves <sevenjp at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> Upgraded to Firefox 49.0_5,1 from ports on my 10.3 x86_64 installation
> running on VirtualBox, where a previous version was running OK recently and
> now Firefox immediately fails to start up, no core dump or any other
> information.
>
> I enabled the DEBUG config option to try and get some sort of output, but I
> only get:
>
> nsStringStats
>  => mAllocCount:              8
>  => mReallocCount:            1
>  => mFreeCount:               1  --  LEAKED 7 !!!
>  => mShareCount:              4
>  => mAdoptCount:              0
>  => mAdoptFreeCount:          0
>  => Process ID: 10931, Thread ID: 34403848192
>
> The only non-standard option I am currently using is DBUS=off.
>
> My make.conf is as follows:
>
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=libressl
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=linux=c6_64
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> João Neves

Hello João

This problem happens with me also. The fix was rebuild
virtualbox-ose-addtions with OpenGL support enabled. And enable this
support to OpenGL 3D acceleration in virtual machine configuration also. To
confirm you can try run glxgears. If it crash the problem is exactly the
same that I have faced.

[]'s
-Otacilio