Problems with fetching from GitHub using GH_TAGNAME= hash

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 20 07:29:09 UTC 2016

Le 18/09/2016 à 07:40, Kevin Oberman a écrit :
> I an attempting to write a port for multimedia/mp4vs which has moved from
> Google Code to GitHub. I tried specifying GH_TAGNAME= 6fda22f, but instead
> of fetching mp4v2-Release-MP4v2-3.0.1.1.tar.gz, it tries to fetch
> mp4v2-Release-MP4v2-3.0.1.1_GH0.tar.gz. (Note added "_GH0".)
> I have no idea where this is coming from an have no experience with porting
> where GitHub is the distfile repo.

The framework adds _GH0 so that when (not if) github updates their
download scheme again, we can bump it to _GH1 and not have everything
conflicting.

> My Makefile contains:
> USE_GITHUB=     yes
> GH_ACCOUNT=     TechSmith
> GH_PROJECT=     mp4v2
> GH_TAGNAME=     6fda22f
>
> Any idea what I need to change?

You can remove the GH_PROJECT line, it should be the default.

--
Mathieu Arnold