LICENSE documentation

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Wed Sep 14 09:31:55 UTC 2016

Hi!

> On 2016-09-14 11:49, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> the license. If no license statement can be found in the sources or the
> >> website, then no permission is given, and it's technically illegal for
> >> anyone but the author(s) to use the software.

> > This is not the case in every country, so your conclusion is not
> > always valid.

> That's true. Still, the inclusion of the program in ports collection
> depends on author(s) giving their permission, otherwise users in
> majority of countries FreeBSD is used in will be disqualified from using
> it -- and FreeBSD would probably be liable for copyright infringement too.

Let's take a step back: That is why we do introduce the LICENSE framework,
but it was not a big problem the last 15+ years, so it's not that
the skies will fall tomorrow, if we have a few missing for the
foreseeable future.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !