Using bsd.prog.mk in source Makefile

Reid Linnemann linnemannr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:38:13 UTC 2016

All,

I'm having issues with an internal port in which the source tree makefile
uses bsd.prog.mk. Using poudriere to build packages as a non-root user, any
targets in the source makefiles which use *OWN and *GRP (such as the
install target) will fail during staging because of an attempt to
chown/chgrp that the non-privileged build user cannot perform. I'm
wondering what the proper resolution for this problem is?

I've tried setting WITH_INSTALL_AS_USER=yes to my port's MAKE_ENV and
BUILD_ENV, and that did not appear to have any effect.

Thanks!

-Reid