make makepatch

Jochen Neumeister joneum at bsdproject.de
Thu Oct 27 06:28:05 UTC 2016

On 27.10.2016 08:08, Franco Fichtner wrote:
>> On 27 Oct 2016, at 7:53 AM, Jochen Neumeister <joneum at bsdproject.de> wrote:
>>
>> No, make makepatch delete the patches into /files and:
> If there are no patches in files/ maybe you have no patches applied
> in the work/ dir?  Does running "make patch" before makepatch help?

Hm that is interesting.

make patch: there are 3 patches into /file

make makepatch: now the 3 files are removed, but:

make makepatch
Generated patch-wpagui.cpp
The previous patches have been placed here:
/usr/home/joneum/dev/ports/net/wpa_gui/work/.makepatch-tmp/archived-patches

Now I'm confused. After "make patch" and "make makepatch", there is only
one "new" patch in files:

/home/joneum/dev/ports/net/wpa_gui/files # ls
patch-wpagui.cpp pkg-message.in

and in work/.makepatch-tmp/archived-patches: # ls
patch-os_unix.c  patch-wpa_ctrl.c patch-wpagui.cpp

Is this now right, that i can only use the new patch in /files? With
"make clean" i delete the work folder and the old patches.