misc/jive deleted

FreeBSD Core Secretary core-secretary at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 24 18:11:49 UTC 2016

On 24/10/2016 17:11, Mikhail T. wrote:

> Now that we are done with the hairsplitting, and I shall put the port
> back as soon as I have a moment -- unless someone else beats me to it.
>
> I'd also like to ask portmgr@ to avoid taking such steps in the future
> -- inventing a policy in order to immediately act on it. Though we do
> not have a strict separation of powers, portmgr@ is primarily an
> executive body -- and should defer "lawmaking" to the wider audience of
> committers, however cantankerous we may be.
>
> Portmgr's mandate is to ensure, ports continue to build smoothly despite
> changes to the OS and other ports. Policing the contents is a
> regrettable overreach (a.k.a. "powergrab").

Hi, Mikhail and everyone else involved here,

The misc/jive port was actually removed at the request of core at .  Please
can you raise your concerns with core privately, rather than letting
this thread get out of hand (as it seems likely to do) in public.

	Cheers,

	Matthew, with hat core-secretary.