misc/jive deleted

Greg Byshenk freebsd at byshenk.net
Mon Oct 24 08:40:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 09:54:56AM +0200, Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote:
> On 24.10.2016 09:16, Greg Byshenk wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 01:05:52AM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> >
> >> "Common decency" is disputable even in within USA; Europe is less
> >> infested with USA style prissy "political correctness", & other
> >> places less than Europe.  Censorship of Global FreeBSD to USA norms
> >> is Offensive.
> >
> > Point of information: I can't speak knowledgeably about the
> > rest of the world, but Europe tends to have -more- stringent
> > restrictions on abusive speech than does the USA.
>
> Just at a side note - this statement is far to general. It depends very
> heavenly on the country. There are around 50 different countries in
> Europe which differs quite a lot - some have more restrictions and some
> less than the USA. Its quite surprising.

Yes, it is overly general, but it was in response to an
equally overly-general statement. To my knowledge, it also
is -generally- (though not univerally) true. (And, of course,
the nature of such restrictions is highly variable from one
state to another.)

--
greg byshenk  -  gbyshenk at byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL