Advise requested when a repo split occurs

Ultima ultima1252 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 19:14:56 UTC 2016

 Hello,

 Some what recently a couple of the ports I maintain split into two, one
being -server, and the other being -client. The code was more or less
cloned then removed some make args/files that one would be used to enable
both.

 Currently the code is so similar it would be possible to create a slave
port and use the same patches, makefile and plist with minimal changes,
however I have no idea the direction this split may go and this maybe short
lived. So onto my topic for this post.

Would it be better to create a new port with mostly duplicate code and
remove/add the little changes required? Or as previously stated make a
slave port and use the common code.

I am struggling to decide on this and would appreciate opinions.

Thanks

Ultima