pkg: PRE-INSTALL script failed

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 17 06:25:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 01:20:09AM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> Is this with pkg 1.9.0 or the just-issued 1.9.1?

It has nothing to do with pkg but rather with pw.
To be honnest I have no idea what was causing the problem.

I have been able to reproduce only once: when binary upgrading to freebsd 11 RC
then upgrading again to 11.0 final solved the issue.

The reason being pw(8) was somehow not running pw_mkdb after adding the user
which it should have. running pw_mkdb by hand after fixes the issue.

Best regards,
Bapt