Alternatives to rsync

reko.turja at liukuma.net reko.turja at liukuma.net
Fri Oct 14 05:02:07 UTC 2016

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Franco and Shane - I will definitely check cpdup out. Georges suggestion is
neat,
sadly for this usage pattern zfs isn't ideal - lack of memory, files are
transferred
between freebsd and linux etc. but it's definitely something I'll have to
remember
for the future.

Greg, I've actually put some thought in making a local port of rsync2. I've
done
some research on it and it seems to be fairly usable and security patched
still.

-Reko