qa.sh stripped warning

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 13 13:01:43 UTC 2016

Le 12/10/2016 à 20:15, Kyle Evans a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Mathieu Arnold <mat at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> The warning will never be turned into errors. Maybe add a comment to the
>> makefile saying that files must not be stripped. Maybe a bit like go
>> ports do it, something like:
>>
>> STRIP= # Elf firmwares, do not strip
> Thanks for the suggestion! I've implemented this. Given the strong
> wording you've used here (will never be turned into errors), would you
> consider revising the comment @
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/Mk/Scripts/qa.sh?view=markup#l191
> ? It's easy to derive uncertainty from the wording used in the
> comment.

Well, one day, soon(tm), stripping will be done some other way, allowing
the debug symbols to be extracted into a debug package, something like:
<pkgbase>-debug.<pkgversion>.
So, while it won't be an error, it may be done automatically, and if
parts need to not be stripped, it should be noted right now :-)

--
Mathieu Arnold