p5-Net-SMTP-SSL

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:49:51 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Christoph Moench-Tegeder <
cmt at burggraben.net> wrote:

> ## @lbutlr (kremels at kreme.com):
>
> > https://www.freshports.org/mail/p5-Net-SMTP-SSL/ says, " DEPRECATED:
> Deprecated by upstream, use Net::SMTP instead”
> >
> > But there is not p5-Net-SMTP package.
>
> Of course, Net::SMTP is part of libnet, which installs as p5-Net
> (net/p5-Net), which has been around "forever" and learned SSL about
> two years ago.

Yes, but building the SSL components is disabled by default. I assume that
you need to 'make config' and select SSL if you want p5-Net to do what
p5-Net-SMTP-SL does. Also, any code using  p5-Net-SMTP-SSL would need to be
modified to just use Net::SMTP instead of Net::SMTP::SSL. This should be an
upstream fix, not a FreeBSD patch. I have confirmed that devel/git
explicitly requires Net::SMTP::SSL. I MAY try to patch it and see if
Net::SMTP will do the trick.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com