svn commit: r427110 - head/lang/gcc/files [does lang/gcc49 need such too?]

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sat Nov 26 07:48:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016, Mark Millard wrote:
> I wonder if that leaves lang/gcc and lang/gcc49 as conflicting.

Yes, these two ports conflict for the time being, and are properly
marked as such.

(And I am looking for a more elegant approach going forward, in
particular when we move into GCC 5 territory where, based on input
from Tijl and others, we now distinguish between lang/gcc5 and
lang/gcc5-devel.)

> But luckily so far I've not picked to build anything that built
> lang/gcc. Or, more likely(?), if some gcc is already installed it
> is used instead if lang/gcc is not installed yet.

Correct.  If lang/gcc49 or lang/gcc is installed, either of the
two is picked up; if a newer version is installed and USE_GCC=yes
or USE_GCC=X.Y+ are requested (and the installed version is newer),
that one is used.

Nothing to do with luck on your side, Mark.  Rather, design and
implementation in the Ports Collection. :-)

Gerald