svn commit: r427110 - head/lang/gcc/files [does lang/gcc49 need such too?]

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 26 01:00:24 UTC 2016

On 26 Nov 2016, at 01:13, Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:

>> Author: dim (src committer)
>> Date: Fri Nov 25 12:54:01 2016
>> New Revision: 427110
>>

>> Log:
>>  Fix build of lang/gcc with libc++ 3.9.0, similar to r421625:
>> . . .
>>  What is happening here, is that the source file includes gcc/system.h,
>>  which defines abort to fancy_abort, and then the source file includes
>>  <new>, which attempts to call _VSTD::abort() (the _VSTD is a libc++
>>  alias for std::).  The macro definition then causes the above breakage.
>>
>>  Newer gcc ports, such as gcc5 and gcc6 don't show this issue, because
>>  upstream gcc first added an include of <algorithm> (which indirectly
>>  includes <new>) in r217348 [1], and later even add a direct include of
>>  <new> in r232736 [2].
>>
>>  Fix it for this version, by adding the direct include of <new> to
>>  gcc/system.h.  This makes the 'second' includes of <new> in some .c
>>  files superfluous, but at least they won't result in errors.
>
> Will lang/gcc49 needs similar changes?

Actually, the patch was copied from the lang/gcc49 port, which had
already been fixed earlier, in r421625.

> (I normally only use explicitly version numbered lang/gcc* 's and
> I use lang/gcc49 on powerpc64's.)

Well, lang/gcc is a special case, in the sense that some ports that have
USE_GCC=yes, e.g. with an unspecified version, will default to it.

-Dimitry