Ports update submission for multiple ports?

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:12:12 UTC 2016

On Sun., 20 Nov. 2016 at 11:55 pm, Armin Gruner <ag-freebsd at muc.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've assembled some patches for a port to upgrade it to a current
> version (namely, mail/mailfront).
>
> Though, this port requires that a dependent port is brought to a current
> upstream version as well (namely, devel/bglibs).
>
> Finally, there are a couple of other ports which depend on devel/bglibs
> themselves, and thus need to be updated also, so they still build.
>
> I've made patches for all of these, and even tried to make it easier for
> future changes by introducing another "USES"-flag, namely  "bglibs".
>

> Now what is the appropriate way to submit all this stuff? Some ports do
> not have a maintainer,
>
> some have one.
>
> All changes must be committed at once because of these interdependencies.
>
> How do I submit this, so that this is properly coordinated?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Armin
>
> --
> PGP Public Key: www.muc.de/~ag/CE18E859.asc

Hi Armin,

The correct way to submit your work is to raise a bug report here:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/

Once you have signed up for an account / logged in, select New -> Ports &
Packages -> Individual Ports(s).

Attach your work as a diff of the existing ports, preferably generated with
"svn diff". Select the "patch" tickbox when attaching it.

A committer will get around to looking at it soon enough.

Thanks for your work!

Cheers,
Ben