clang support for compiler:openmp

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 7 16:59:38 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Marcus von Appen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a specific reason, why we do not (yet) have openmp support for
> clang via compiler:openmp? With devel/openmp in the ports tree, I'd
> expect compiler:openmp to set
>
> LIB_DEPENDS+=   libomp.so:devel/openmp
>
> for compiler=clang. CFLAGS and LIBS/LDFLAGS might be tweaked on a
> per-port level.

I talked with Baptiste about this in Belgrade.  I think the best way
forward would be to remove the OPENMP option from the llvm ports and
alter the clang-patch-fopenmp.diff patch to use the .so from
devel/openmp.

I have a major deadline at the end of the week so it definitely won't
happen this week.

-- Brooks