devel/llvm38 install seems to be missing files (e.g., FileCheck)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sat Nov 5 13:54:59 UTC 2016

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 05:26:33AM -0700, David Wolfskill wrote:
> I circumvented the problem: ...
>
> g1-252(11.0-S)[20] sudo cp -p !$ /usr/local/llvm38/bin/
> sudo cp -p work/stage/usr/local/llvm38/bin/FileCheck /usr/local/llvm38/bin/
> g1-252(11.0-S)[21]
>
> That done, lang/rust built.
>
> My build machine is doing the first of its weekend poudriere runs
> as I type; if that shows anything relevant with respect to lang/rust
> and devel/llvm38, I'll follow up.

Turns out that "PORT_LLVM" is, by default, off; I had turned it on since
I had other reasons to need llvm38 anyway.

And since I only use lang/rust as a build dependency (e.g., for
www/fierfox), I had not specified any non-default options for the
poudriere build.  Thus, poudriere had built rust using the "bundled"
llvm38, which apparently has FileCheck in the place where the rust
config looks for it.  So poudriere didn't have an issue building
www/firefox (which required lang/rust).

Am I incorrect in thinking that devel/llvm38 has a problem, though, in
that "%%LIT%%llvm38/bin/FileCheck" is in that port's pkg-plist, and
llvm38/bin/FileCheck is found in the staging directory, but
llvm38/bin/FileCheck is not actually installed?

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.