[HEADSUP] Default Perl changed to 5.24.

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sat Nov 5 09:58:14 UTC 2016

On 05/11/2016 07:12, Piotr Szafarczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like the same problem I encountered with 5.20 under 10.3 (just
> one box). Links are not created during port building (with other than
> perl too). With perl, two links are missing under /usr/local/bin.
> Creating them manually allows for a successful building of a port that
> depends on perl.
>
> If you can, look at my post from October 23rd (links not created by make
> install).

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Found your Oct 23rd post at
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2016-October/105463.html

I fixed my problem by doing this, in /usr/local/bin :

ln -s ./perl /usr/local/bin/perl5.24.1

and then running:

portupgrade -f `pkg shlib -qR libperl.so.5.20`

again.

I think maybe the problem you had was a little different because in my
case, portupgrade could not update any port until that symlink was
added, so the "make install" phase was never reached. Instead of calling
perl, it looks for /usr/local/bin/perl5.24.1 which of course didn't
exist. Also, in my case, the bin/perl updated link *was* created[1]
following the instructions in UPDATING, just not the bin/perl5.24.1 link.

Previously:

===>   p5-NetAddr-IP-4.078 depends on package: perl5>=5.24<5.25 - found
===>  Configuring for p5-NetAddr-IP-4.078
env: /usr/local/bin/perl5.24.1: No such file or directory
*** Error code 127

Stop.
make: stopped in /storage/usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-NetAddr-IP

Now everything builds.

thanks,
--
J.