installing a kibana plugin (re textproc/kibana43)

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Nov 1 17:47:18 UTC 2016

> On Nov 1, 2016, at 1:14 PM, Thierry Thomas <thierry at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Le mar.  1 nov. 16 à 17:23:49 +0100, Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>
> écrivait :
>
>> I am using Kibana 4.3 on FreeBSD 9.3 and I want to use textproc/elasticsearch2-plugin-marvel 2.1.0
>>
>> I have everything installed from packages and I'm reading the Elasticseach documentation
>> (see #5 at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/2.1/installing-marvel.html <https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/2.1/installing-marvel.html>)
>>
>> I'm getting stuck on 'Install the Marvel app into Kibana'.
>>
>> The instructions look for a kibana binary (I think).  The command is:
>>
>>   bin/kibana plugin --install elasticsearch/marvel/2.1.2
>>
>> Where is that kibana binary? It's not references by the port that I could find.
>
> I guess that this the port is too old. If you look at
> <https://github.com/elastic/kibana> (ATM this is 5.0.0)
> there is is a bin directory, providing a kebana script.

We are using 4.3 with Elasticsearch 2.1.  I suspect we are on 4.3 for compatibility reasons.

The binary/script is in the tarball.  The Makefile deletes it.

re: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/textproc/kibana45/Makefile?revision=419775&view=markup#l28 <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/textproc/kibana45/Makefile?revision=419775&view=markup#l28>
(link is to master port).

I'm happy to patch if the maintainer is OK with that.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan at langille.org