installing a kibana plugin (re textproc/kibana43)

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Nov 1 16:23:59 UTC 2016

I am using Kibana 4.3 on FreeBSD 9.3 and I want to use textproc/elasticsearch2-plugin-marvel 2.1.0

I have everything installed from packages and I'm reading the Elasticseach documentation
 (see #5 at https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/2.1/installing-marvel.html <https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/2.1/installing-marvel.html>)

I'm getting stuck on 'Install the Marvel app into Kibana'.

The instructions look for a kibana binary (I think).  The command is:

   bin/kibana plugin --install elasticsearch/marvel/2.1.2

Where is that kibana binary? It's not references by the port that I could find.

How does one install a Kibana plugin on FreeBSD?

Thanks.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan at langille.org