Port with sbt build (archivers/snappy-java)

Mark Dixon mnd999 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 09:37:02 UTC 2016

Hi porters,

I'm looking at a long overdue update of archivers/snappy-java which I have kinda
fallen into maintaining. The current version of the port is a Maven build which uses a
zipped up maven repository and runs maven in offline mode as is common for
Maven builds.

The new version of snappy/java however seems to use an sbt build, which is quite
different. Has anyone got any experience of porting anything with an sbt build. I've
got something going (link below) but it's very much an online build in that sbt
fetches all sorts of dependenices from the internet in the build phase and this is not
ideal.

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/compare/master...mnd999:snappy-java-1.1.2.4?expand=1

Regards,

Mark