myrepo.conf && url: file:....

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Sun May 22 16:49:43 UTC 2016

Hi!

> > the FILE-protocol specification allows for a hostname, so in general it is:
> > file://<host>/<path>

> > When specifying a path on the local machine, the <host>-part
> > can be left out (or replaced with localhost), leaving you with
> > either

> > file://localhost/<path>
> > or its abbreviation
> > file:///<path>.

> Thanks for the feedback. I think, the man page pkg.conf(5) should
> mention this, esp. when the old systax does not work anymore.

pkg.conf(5) refers to libfetch(3) [this should be fetch(3)],
which explains the syntax, which correctly mentions file:///,
but in a very unreadable way:

But: This allows file:/path, which your tests show to fail.

Interesting.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !