what for is the "gogs" UID/GID

Vick Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue May 10 14:10:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:58 AM, Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net> wrote:

> if you have something to test, please let me know.
> Currently the fetch process seems not to work and the initial author of
> the patch has no time to continue here.
>
> Some patches seems to have been refused (205032)...
>
> I can help you with testing, I have an older version of gogs here running,
> but it stopped as I described in PR 205283.

I started playing with the port, but could not get it to work even after
chasing the dependencies.

I also tried mimicking the influxdb port, which uses lots of github
resources to build a go project, but there is something just not letting it
work to fetch all the distfiles. I have no clue why it works for influxdb
but not gogs.

I ended up manually building and installing it, and wrote a custom rc.d
script since the one from the proposed port was way overly complex.

I posted my notes on the gogs forum:
https://discuss.gogs.io/t/installing-on-freebsd-10/331