Library creep and additional dependencies for net/ntp?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 30 07:36:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:09:37PM -0700, Cy Schubert wrote:

> Actually nothing has changed. However the net/ntp ./configure script
> detects if additional libraries are already on your system, e.g. libmd5,
> libdns_sd, and uses them. For instance, my laptop has huge collection of
> packages installed to support various GUI environments under X:

Actually we should try to prevent that as much as possible when we can. That
said ntp configure script is not nice enough to give you a switch to
enable/disable it.

but adding:
CONFIGURE_ENV="ac_cv_header_dns_sd_h=no" when you do not want to build with
libdns_sd should do the trick.

I have not tested, just guessed from reading configure.ac

Bapt