databases/mariadb100-server fails to start inside jail
zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Mar 25 20:13:52 UTC 2016
Hi. I run mariadb100-server-10.0.23 in a jail on 11-current. Some strange errors with error-check prompted me to backup the DB and create a fresh new instance to which I plan to restore the data later. Now MDB fails to start in the jail, but does start on native. I've narrowed the problem thus:
* Start the SQL jail & #jexec sql-jail csh
root at sql-jail# mysqld_safe --nowatch --skip-grant-tables
MDB does not start, sql-jail/var/log/mysql-safe.log shows:
- mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/db/mysql
- [Note] Initializing built-in plugins
- [ERROR] mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/var/db/mysql/aria_log_control' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")
- [ERROR] mysqld: Got error 'Can't create file' when trying to use aria control file '/var/db/mysql/aria_log_control'
- [ERROR] Aria engine is not enabled or did not start. The Aria engine must be enabled to continue as mysqld was configured with --with-aria-tmp-tables
- [ERROR] Aborting
The error message makes no sense because:
root at sql-jail# su -m mysql (or "sudo -u mysql sh")
$ id --> uid=88(mysql) gid=88(mysql) groups=88(mysql)
/var/db/mysql$ touch aria.log --> -rw-r--r-- 1 mysql mysql aria.log
sql-jail/etc/passwd mysql entry:
sql-jail/var/log/messages has this:
su: _secure_path: cannot stat /var/db/mysql/.login_conf: Permission denied
I have 5 more jails with different services but none of them have any such problem, so I'm convinced it's a MariaDB issue. It's also worth noting that MDB had several difficulties creating the initial control tables in the jail, so I had to actually complete that stage on native, then copy the mysql folder to the jail's path.
Everything is on ZFS, I even tried a modified mount point for mysql with no effect as "aclinherit = passthrough"
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.
More information about the freebsd-ports