mail/roundcube (bsd.php.mk broken?)

Mike Jakubik mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com
Thu Mar 24 00:56:48 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-23 08:42 PM, Guido Falsi wrote:
> On 03/24/16 01:09, Mike Jakubik wrote:

>> ports tree. I guess i can try upgrading to 5.5 and hope that my
>> applications are compatible with it. Sigh, FreeBSD has become a PITA
>> lately to maintain unless everything installed is bleeding edge. In
>> any
>> case, thanks for the help.
>
> Sorry I beg to disagree.
>
> php 5.4 is unsupported upstream, and 5.5 will EOL in a few months. You
> should complain to the php project about this, not the ports tree,
> which
> is just complying with upstream.

You are correct, however I think php is a special case, because it's a
slow adopter, sadly a lot of hosting providers have not updated and a
lot of software is still not compatible with the latest versions. For
example, the default version of php in CentOS 7 is still 5.4, so I don't
see why removing it from ports was a good idea.

--
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-php/5/all