mail/postfix with Dovecot SASL

Miroslav Lachman quip at quip.cz
Wed Mar 23 12:22:55 UTC 2016

Hi,
the older version of Postfix had options for Cyrus SASL, Dovecot SASL
and Dovecot 2 SASL. I made 3 local meta ports do postfix-sals2 (cyrus
library) postfix-dovecot and postfix-dovecot2. I know mail/postfix has
SASL built in on Dovecot, but I am not sure if it will work with Dovecot
1.x and Dovecot 2.x (the same package installed on two different
machines with different versions of Dovecot) We are using Dovecot's
'deliver' to deliver messages in to maildirs.

Will this new Postfix 3.1 work by default with both Dovecot versions?

--
S pozdravem
Miroslav Lachman