pkg: ALTABI - where is this variable documented?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 09:16:39 UTC 2016

On 2016/03/16 08:29, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Can someone shed some light onto my clouded view? Is there a manpage where all
> pkg-related variables are gathered an listed?

All variables should be documented in pkg.conf(5) -- however, ALTABI is
missing from that page, which is a bug.

ALTABI is a compatibility thing -- way back when the ABI format was
changed, ALTABI was added as a quick compatibility shim, so that people
could access the old style of ABI easily and eg. plug it into repo.conf
files.  Ideally it should have been deprecated and removed after a
decent interval, but has never happened.  It would be worth documenting
simply to warn people against using it...

	Cheers,

	Matthew