great a diff with a new patch

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 08:54:34 UTC 2016

On Sunday, 13 March 2016, Jochen Neumeister <jochen at jochen-neumeister.de>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> how can I great a diff with a new patch?
>
> I run make makepatch, and then I move the new patch in the /file folder.
>
> Now I run svn diff > ~/dev/patches/foo.diff, but the new patch is not
> into diff.
>
> someone has a tip for me?
>
> Cheers
> Jochen

Hi Jochen,

Small correction: your patches should be in the "files/" directory, not the
"file/" directory.

To check the status of which files have changed from the upstream svn
repository, you can run "svn status" in the ports directory. Files which
have been modified show an "M" next to their name. Files which have been
added but svn is not aware of them show an "?" next to their name.

To tell svn to add a file, use:
$ svn add <INSERT_FILE_NAME>

Then you can run "svn status" again to see the files now have an "A" next
to their name.

Now when you run "svn diff" it will include your additional patches.

Good luck!
-Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02 at gmail.com