FreeBSD ports you maintain which are out of date

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 11 17:13:07 UTC 2016

+--On 11 mars 2016 17:51:41 +0100 Martin Waschbüsch
<martin at waschbuesch.de> wrote:

|> Am 11.03.2016 um 13:41 schrieb Ryan Steinmetz <zi at FreeBSD.org>:

|>> I did that in r410199, and tried a different approach first in r410104.
|>> It's not clear to me why these reports are still being sent.
|>
|> ignore:  Set to 1 to tell portscout not to do any version checking at
|>        all. Useful if, say, a particular port is not going to be
|>        updated ever again, yet portscout still finds files that look
|>        like updates.
|>

|> PORTSCOUT=ignore:1

|> --
|> Ryan Steinmetz
|> PGP: 9079 51A3 34EF 0CD4 F228  EDC6 1EF8 BA6B D028 46D7
|
| Hi there,
|
| I was the person originally asking if we should not add PORTSCOUT=ignore
| to this port.
|
| To try and determine how this should be done. I was looking at both
|
| https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/makefile-portscout.
| html
|
| and the link mentioned on that page
|
| https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/distfile-survey.html
|
| Seeing as neither the PORTSCOUT page in the handbook nor the linked page
| contain the syntax needed in this case, maybe we should add the link to
| http://portscout.freebsd.org/info/portscout-portconfig.txt
| to the porter's handbook?

Well, the best way would be to fix portscout so that it stops spamming with
this false positive.  It did start when it was last updated.

--
Mathieu Arnold