[CFT] net-im/ejabberd to 16.01

Ashish SHUKLA ashish at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 7 06:57:18 UTC 2016

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 18:09:35 +0100, Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu> said:

[...]

Hi,

| Ok, back on business!

| My issue with the non-applied patchs is that those were not creates in the files subdir in ejabberd, but in a ejabberd/files subdir.

That is likely due to the missing/incorrect, use of 'patch -pN'. I remember
testing successful diff application before posting on the list, except for a
404-ing URL in one of my diffs.

| Regarding the pam module installation, it seems to be installed in :
| /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-16.01/lib/p1_pam-1.0.0/priv/bin/epam

| But ejabberd at start will fail with :
| 2016-03-05 17:52:49.297 [error] <0.394.0> Can't open file
| "/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-16.01/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-16.01/priv/bin/epam": enoent

| So I guess it's not installed in the right place?

I guess, although I don't see in the sources, where exactly it refer to this
path, or even install the module. I'll check and get back to you.

| Then, regarding the bash issue, I made some progress, but I still need
| to test it a bit more to be sure it do not introduce new bugs (it's
| not much, but I have to see if the kinda simple shell escaping
| function equivalent I put is enough).

These bash script changes could you contribute to upstream instead. I don't
really wish to keep maintaining them downstream.

ejabberd team has released 16.02 in the meantime, I'll work on updating to it
instead. It works fine in my testing so far except for the PAM issue you've
mentioned.

I'll post updated patch here for testing.

Thanks!
--
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0

“If I were to compare a human's heart with the ocean, the ocean would be
stagnant.”                           (Recruit, Arakawa Under the Bridge)

Sent from my Emacs