graphics/giflib: Update to 5.1.2_1 breaks GIF rendering in Konqueror

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 5 19:30:40 UTC 2016

Patrick Hess <patrickhess at gmx.net> writes:

> After upgrading graphics/giflib from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2_1, Konqueror won't
> display GIF images in web pages:
>
>     http://www.phess.net/images/giflib-bug.png
>
> On the left hand side, with giflib 5.1.1, everything looks as expected.
> On the right hand side, after upgrading giflib to 5.1.2_1, none of the
> GIF icons are rendered correctly. Only the Fresh Ports logo and the two
> magnifying glass icons are still there (as they're JPEGs, not GIFs).
>
> I personally prefer using Konqueror over that obese Firefox for most of
> my web browsing, but it feels like I'm the only one. Is anybody else out
> there using Konqueror and can confirm (or disconfirm, for that matter)
> this behaviour?

It's weird, but it works fine here with an up-to-date ports tree, but I
build my own packages with Poudriere. I see a new kdelibs4 package was
generated in the cluster a couple of days ago, can you try reinstalling
to see if it was a matter of somehow giflib being originally updated
without triggering a rebuild of the kdelibs4 port caused it (it
shouldn't, I think)? Otherwise, do you get any useful messages on the
terminal when you open FreshPorts with khtml?