graphics/giflib: Update to 5.1.2_1 breaks GIF rendering in Konqueror

Patrick Hess patrickhess at gmx.net
Sat Mar 5 18:12:43 UTC 2016

Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> On 29.02.2016 18:25, Patrick Hess wrote:
> > After upgrading graphics/giflib from 5.1.1 to 5.1.2_1,
> > Konqueror won't display GIF images in web pages:
> I'm seeing the same issue.
>
> If I use webkit rendering (via www/kwebkitpart) GIFs work.

Just gave it a try, and indeed, GIFs render fine with webkit.
Unfortunately, webkit still has the same issue where it chooses
the wrong font faces for some of the fonts, especially on pages
that use web fonts.

> But I don't  know if webkit depends on giflib or uses it's
> own GIF rendering.

I don't think it uses giflib, as "pkg info --required-by giflib"
doesn't mention webkit.

Patrick