mail/postfix and mail/postfix-current need upgrading

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Tue Mar 1 17:54:34 UTC 2016

> \mail\postfix-XXX	Older versions of Postfix
> \mail\postfix-stable	Latest stable version of Postfix
> \mail\postfix-current	Experimental version of Postfix

Based on the goal of user-friendliness and principle of least surprise
I'd vote for changing -current to -experimental.  It is a FreeBSD naming
convention for -current to mean experimental (alpha, rc, ...) but for
those who are not regularly involved with the FreeBSD release cycle this
is not intuitive.

Longer-term at least, there is user-friendliness to be gained by
switching to a more descriptive name than -current to describe
pre-released software.  Note also that Wietse uses FreeBSD and usually
follows BSD naming conventions but has chosen not to in this case.

IMO,
Roger