Unexpected output from "pkg updating -d 20160626"

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Jun 29 01:27:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 09:19:04PM -0400, Jason Unovitch wrote:
> > The "pkg updating" command I issued was: pkg updating -d 20160626
>
> Hello David,
> I did replicate this and it seemed related to a handful of recent
> UDPATING entries that were made without a trailing colon after the date.
> I normalized all the entries for consistency and am seeing `pkg updating
> -d 20160626` return the expected output for me. Please see if that
> resolved the issue for you as well.
>
> Jason

Aye; it did -- thank you for figuring out what was catalyzing it! :-)

Oddly enough, my build machine (which I keep in lock-step with my
laptop, except that it runs a GENERIC kernel) hadn't experienced
the symptom; on the other hand, it has very few ports installed.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.