2016Q2 - no Mk/Uses/mysql.mk

Bernard Spil brnrd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 28 20:02:40 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-28 16:58, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> +--On 28 juin 2016 10:30:10 -0400 Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> |> |
> |> |
> |> |

> |> Well, no, people merging things are supposed to check what they are doing
> |> and not commit stupid patches, which is the case here.
> |>
> |> Which port has USES=mysql on 2016Q2 ?
> |
> | Log:
> |   MFH: r416066
> |
> |   net-mgmt/cacti: 0.8.8g -> 0.8.8h
> |
> | It appears to have already been fixed in Revision 416207:
> |
> | - no USES=mysql allowed in the quarterly branch
> |
> | re
> | https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/branches/2016Q2/net-mgmt/cacti/Makefile?
> | view=log
> | <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/branches/2016Q2/net-mgmt/cacti/Makefile
> | ?view=log>
> |
> | Ooops.  Sorry for the noise.  I'll look at the new commits on that port.
> | I was analyzing commits which FreshPorts had difficulty processing.
> |
> | Nothing to see here. Please move along...
>
> Well, no, the noise is good, it should be reported to the committer that
> did the commit, like other breakage are, so that said committer knows and
> fixes the problem.

Just lucky that it wasn't me. Good thing to keep in mind with these
kinds of changes! Usually only the actual update is committed, not a
check for these kinds of changes to the ports framework!

I've got some Python patches in review that now have USES= ssl which
would break in Q2 as well! Luckily no security fixes in there afaik.

Cheers,

Bernard.