pkg SAT_SOLVER bugs

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 27 22:09:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 11:42:08PM +0200, Rodrigo OSORIO wrote:
> On 06/27/16 12:38, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I found some bugs in PKG with regard to the SAT_SOLVER environment
> > variable. Please find patch attached :-)
> >
> > Issues fixed:
> > 1) No need to use hash table when generating SAT rules for external
> > solver. Variables are already in a linear array. Fix encoding and
> > decoding of SAT data.
> > 2) Endless variable loop caused pkg to crash.
> > 3) it->inverse was checked for non-zero, while it should actually be
> > checked for -1 only. SAT rules produces were all negative.
> >
> > How to verify:
> >
> > make -C /usr/ports/math/picosat all install clean
> >
> > env SAT_SOLVER=picosat pkg upgrade
> >
> > --HPS

> Thanks! this patch saves my day, I was stuck reinstalling a computer in
> current, and after few rounds using pkg the solver start complaining and
> pretending missing packages was yet installed.
>
> I apply you patch on top of the last version in ports and the patch work as
> a charm. I'll keep testing it until a new version comes.
>
> regards,
> - rodrigo

that is unrelated, what saved you it that building from ports you switched form
1.8.5 to 1.8.6 his patch is to solve the use of an external SAT solver which I
admit I haven't tested for a while.

Pkg 1.8.6 is the default binary package for all release but head right now,
pending for the next build cycle.

Best regards,
Bapt