Any way to add USES clause depending on two options without including bsd.port.options.mk?

Chris H bsd-lists at bsdforge.com
Fri Jun 24 03:27:57 UTC 2016

On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 14:26:01 -0700 Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote

> I have two port options: GUI NLS.
>
> I would like to have USES=gettext only when both GUI and NLS are "on".
>
> If it was only one option, say NLS, NLS_USES=gettext would work.
>
> But what about the two options case? Is there any magic to do this
> without .include <bsd.port.options.mk> ?
Short answer; no.
Why? Because bapt will become angry with you, because pkg(8)
won't be able to properly register the options, and people
will complain, and blame bapt. What's worse; dialog4ports(1)
won't be initialized, so people won't even be presented with
any options to choose from.
Long answer; *technically*, you could manage something. But the
effort would *far* outweigh any potential gain.

Sorry I didn't have better news, Yuri. :-(

--Chris