Torch7 ports (Was: Wxlua / Zbstudio)

Jan Beich jbeich at vfemail.net
Thu Jun 23 22:41:42 UTC 2016

Torsten Zuehlsdorff <tz at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Hello Raymond,
>
>> OpenBlas (make config; # with OpenMP option), OpenMP, Lapack & ++, GotoBlas
>> are installed. Header files of OpenBlas is also included to
>> $CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH. However, I still got the same error message, missing
>> lapack.
>
> There are various variables to set to specify where to look vor the
> libs, like lapack.
>
> Sadly i'm out of time. Tomorrow i'm heading into vacation. When back i
> will come back to your request and try to create a port for
> this. Maybe we could success together (with more time).

I did some work in the past on Torch7 ports before losing interest[1].
Check math/TH if you want to see how it detects OpenBLAS (default).

  $ git clone https://github.com/jbeich/freebsd-ports torch-ports
  $ export PORTSDIR=$PWD/torch-ports
  $ cd $PORTSDIR/devel/lua-trepl
  $ make install
  $ th51

--
[1] Many Torch pkgs rely on luarocks to build and resolve dependencies
    and some have a hard dependency on luajit. My approach didn't scale