Needing help getting cad/kicad-devel compiled under FreeBSD-9

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Sun Jun 19 11:52:44 UTC 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> This is because gcc48's <cmath> header does not define a whole bunch of
> C99 math functions in the std:: namespace.

> and /usr/local/lib/gcc48/include/c++/x86_64-portbld-freebsd9.3/bits/c++config.h
> has:
>
> /* Define if C99 functions or macros in <math.h> should be imported in
>    <tr1/cmath> in namespace std::tr1. */
> /* #undef _GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH_TR1 */

I verified that current versions of GCC on FreeBSD 10.3 have
this on...

> It looks like this file is generated at build time, so something in
> gcc's configure scripts is turning off the "C99_MATH_TR1" support.

...I believe since FreeBSD 10 has better libc support for the long
math functions, so our best course of action (apart from counting
down those months that FreeBSD 9 still has) is seeing that we can
finally update lang/gcc from GCC 4.8 to at least 4.9, if not later.

Gerald