net/samba-libsmbclient depends on complete outdated samba36

Kurt Jaeger lists at opsec.eu
Fri Jun 17 08:01:24 UTC 2016

Hi!

> I just testing the www/nextcloud port that was commited yesterday,
> thanks a lot for this!
>
> There I saw that samba36 will be installed (in addition to samba43).
>
> I think the problem is located in port net/samba-libsmbclient which
> refers to:
> SAMBA_PORT=     samba36
> SAMBA_SUBPORT=      yes
>
> Does anyone have an idea to get this old samba version problem fixed?

As far as I see, samba36 has the --with-libsmbclient option, which
is missing in newer samba4x.

Someone needs to talk to the samba folks what they plan to do about this.

In general it's a difficult task:

- we need find a way to build a seperate libsmbclient with newer samba
  version, probably as a parallel install to the 36 version
- then chase all apps that depend on samba36-libsmbclient and
  try to build them with that newer version
- if necessary, upstream changes

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !